Daily Inspiration When Working From Home – 50 Best Quotes
In any working environment, it’s helpful to have little reminders around you to keep you going. Everyone needs a daily inspiration when working from home.
In offices, these wise words may come in the form of posters on the walls, calendars on the desks, laptop wallpapers, or maybe even on the front of cover of your work notebook. They’re dotted about to keep you motivated when your determination or energy starts lacking, as a gentle bit of encouragement designed to lift you when you need it.
If you’ve recently started working from home, your new ‘office’ may be lacking these little bits of functional decoration. If you notice yourself feeling a little unproductive and listless, maybe forgetting the reasons you have for trying to stay focused, it could be helpful to add some of these little reminders to your new working environment.
Why are daily inspirational quotes beneficial to us when working from home?
Inspirational quotes are beneficial as they provide us with a quick burst of motivation to help us to get back into the swing of things when we’re starting to feel ourselves slugging along, maybe not working at the same level of productivity as we were when we started. They are often advice from either someone in particular who inspires us and others (such as two of the quotes I have chosen below, from Vincent Van Gough and Mahatma Gandhi), or just inspirational words from a stranger – sometimes we won’t even know their names.
When we start to feel a lack of focus or motivation creeping in, we often don’t have the time to spare to take a break and really center ourselves or hype ourselves up to get back into it, or to read something longer that will explain to us in detail why we need to do the things we do. Quotes are succinct, quick to read, and – as discussed already – easy to place around you in spaces where they are visible and accessible when you need a little encouragement.
You could have them around your working environment in any way you like, either in the form of the decorations you’d usually spot around the office, or perhaps just written down in front of you, to take a moment to read when you need a little encouragement to keep up the good work.
The best quotes to include are the ones which remind you that nothing comes without hard work, determination and perseverance – you have to keep yourself accountable for your own success.
Here are fifty inspirational quotes that you could add to your home-working environment to keep you focused on your goals, when you start to feel like you’re struggling to stay as determined as you can.
Here is our collection of daily inspiration when working from home – 50 best quotes:
1. “Today is only today, today – tomorrow, it will simply be yesterday.”
2. “The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is right now.”
3. “Persistence always wins, because it declares ‘I will not quit’.”
4. “Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
5. “Don’t give up, don’t loose hope, don’t settle for less and keep finding answers. Better days ahead.“
6. “Believe in yourself. Under-confidence leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy that you are not good enough for your work. “
7. “ream your dream; and realize that you are more than just the dreamer, you are the point of origin for its reality. ”
8. “Don’t ask for directions if you’re not going to start the car. ”
9. ”If you want the answer, ask the question.”
10. “The surest way to make your dreams come true is to live them.”
11. “I choose to trust that inspiration is always nearby, the whole time I’m working, trying its damnedest to impart assistance. [Sometimes we have trouble understanding each other. But inspiration is still sitting there right beside me, and it is trying.”
12. “We are wiser than we know.”
13. “Risks must be taken: the biggest risk to take in life is to risk nothing.”
14. “Never underestimate the power of being sick and tired of your current circumstances.”
15. “Dream big, then wake up and take the first step into the unknown.”
16. “The forgiveness that most often eludes us is that which we grant to ourselves.”
17. “Tomorrow is another opportunity to improve yourself.”
18. “Holding onto your past will only stop you from reaching out to your future.”
19. “The best memories are the ones which you look back on and say ‘I tried my best’.”
20. “Everything that exists in the world today started out as somebody else’s dream.”
21. “Embrace being imperfect – the best learning that we can do is to learn from our mistakes.”
22. “A knockdown doesn’t necessarily need to be a knock-out.”
23. “Every single on of us is wiser than we know.”
24. “Look back on the choices that have put you where you are, and make new choices to take you somewhere better.”
25. “Every man is the architect of his own fortune.”
26. “If you go with the flow, then life will take you wherever it pleases. If you take charge and fight against it, you can go to wherever you want to be.”
27. “Behind every successful person is a million early failures.”
28. “Only the right pain will lead to the right gain.”
29. “Mistakes are simply a bump in the road, not the end of the journey.”
30. “Never over-focus on the negatives or under-focus on the positives.”
31. “Put your effort into the things in life that will lead you to becoming your greatest self.”
32. “There are no quick fixes. We must work for what we want.”
33. “Overnight success will fade just as quickly – you will get back from success whatever it is that you put in.”
34. “Put happiness above all else – it always has been, and always will be, the most important thing.”
35. “Be brave and take risks. You do not need to know it all to keep moving forward.”
36. “Goals are only impossible for you until you try to reach them.”
37. “The biggest journeys in life begin with admitting to yourself that anything I possible.”
38. “Don’t just wish you were here. Get on the plane.”
39. “If you want it, work for it. It’s just that simple.”
40. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.”
41. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
42. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.”
43. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
44. “No matter how you feel each day – wake up, get up and show up.”
45. “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is the one that is going to help you grow.”
46. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
47. “Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is.”
48. “Appreciate where you are in your journey, even if it’s not where you want to be. Every season serves a purpose.”
49. “Discipline is choosing between what you want right now, and what you want the most.”
50. “Work until your idols become your rivals.”
Where else can I get some quick inspirational content?
If you are feeling a little more inspired after reading those, then that’s good! Many of the quotes above were pulled from different spots around the internet, where there’s a wealth of different motivational content to keep you feeling focused and determined. There’s plenty of online stores which offer motivational posters or other merchandise to add to your workspace, and plenty where you can insert your own favorite motivational words and receive personalized designs to keep you feeling encouraged.
It might be an idea to pick twelve, fifty-two or even three-hundred and sixty-five of your favorite motivational quotes and invest in a custom calendar, so you can start every day with a little burst of inspiration to help you through.
Not that you need to make it yourself if that sounds like quite a lengthy task – there’s many other desk calendars available online, printed with inspirational or motivational words that have been cherry-picked by the companies who make them. A variety of books are also available, many with a different motivational quote for you to read each day – someone I know owns a copy of Chris Naylor’s Believe And Achieve, which they keep next to their bed, and reads a quote from each morning before getting out of bed. If this sounds like something you could benefit from, Believe And Achieve – and many other similar books – are readily available online. Perhaps have one to keep on your desk, to take a look at during the day when you feel like you need to.
Social media can be a distraction when working from home, but if you’re the sort of person who finds it easy to put their phone down as quickly as they picked it up, then it could be worth seeking out some social media pages which regularly post quotes that you can apply to your working from home routine. Some which myself and people I know find useful are:
Fabulous (@thefabstory) on Instagram
The social media home of the Fabulous app, which focuses on personal and mental development. The account posts daily motivational quotes, as well as different challenges that you can attempt to implement into your daily routine to change your habits for the better.
Recent quote: “If it’s healthy for your body and your brain, there’s no need to explain.”
Success Magazine (@successmagazine) on Twitter
In their Twitter bio, Success Magazine describe themselves as ‘your guide for personal and professional development through inspiration, motivation and training’, and post several articles each day to inspire you to keep working for what you want.
Recent quote: “Success comes when you hit a tipping point and begin to desire your goal more than you dread the cost of reaching it.”
6AM Success (@6amsuccess) on Instagram
6AM Success post a wide range of inspirational posters, perfect for giving you a little lift to beat the post-lunch laziness that often sets in after a break from productivity – and they have nearly two million followers to show for it.
Recent quote: “Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.”
Jim Rohn (@officialjimrohn) on Twitter
Though American entrepreneur Jim Rohn – whose rags-to-riches story inspired millions – passed away in 2009, his Twitter account continues to post motivational articles which provide quick and helpful insights to develop your working attitude, and solve any problems that might get in your way.
Recent quote: “To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?”
Foundr Magazine (@foundr) on Instagram
Similarly to Success Magazine, Foundr is a magazine which focuses on entrepreneurial education, and post a variety of different articles and quotes to give you a bit of inspiration when you’re starting to feel it lacking.
Recent quote: “To be successful, you must have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.”
Hopefully, you now have plenty of advice to work from, and from there will be able to discover more and more inspirational content, as well as ideas of how to implement them into your daily routine.
Whilst it’s common to feel a break in productivity and to lose focus – we all do it – it’s important to look at how you deal with that. Of course, the most crucial part of this is often to look at the working conditions you’ve set out for yourself, and whether you’re putting yourself in the best position to be successful at what you’re doing.
However, once you’re happy with your overall working conditions and just need a little boost, looking at a few bite-sized pieces of inspirational or motivational content can be really beneficial and helpful to you.
So, pick your favorites, and get creative with how you put them into your working day and home-office environment! You’ll notice very quickly what a positive effect a few wise words can have on your day as a whole.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.